The Fukushima Society of Medical Science will handle personal information collected through the services it provides in accordance with relevant laws and privacy policies established by the Society. English translations of our policies are made in good faith, and in a timely manner when there are changes, but the definitive documents pertaining to our policies are written in Japanese.
1. Definition of personal information
Personal information refers to information that can be used to identify a living individual by name, date of birth, or other specific attributes, as well as information that can be easily cross-checked to identify an individual.
2. Collection of personal information
The Fukushima Society of Medical Science may collect and retain personal information when you contact us. The purpose(s) of use will be limited by our mission, as stated at the time of collection, and information handling will proceed in a legal and fair manner.
Personal information collected by Fukushima Society of Medical Science includes the following:
- a) Your name, including how it is written and pronounced
- b) Your address(es)
- c) Telephone number(s)
- d) Fax number(s)
- e) E-mail address(es)
- f) Other information supplied by you or supplied on your behalf
3. Use of personal information
The Fukushima Society of Medical Science will use the personal information received from you for the following purposes:
- a) To confirm the origin of inquiries
- b) To send information and materials
- c) To reply to inquiries
The Fukushima Society of Medical Science will not disclose or provide your personal information to third parties without your permission, except in the following cases
- a) When required to do so by law, or when it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by such an authority to carry out duties prescribed by law.
- b) When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and when prior consent is difficult to obtain.
- c) When personal data is exchanged among entities within or linked to the Fukushima Society of Medical Science.
4. Management of personal information
In addition to taking reasonable, organizational, physical, human, and technical measures to ensure the safe management of personal information received from clients, the Fukushima Society of Medical Science will take appropriate measures in accordance with related laws and regulations to prevent unauthorized access to personal data, as well as the loss, alteration, and leakage of personal information.
5. Correction and deletion of personal information
If you wish for us to correct or delete the personal information you have provided, please contact us at the address shown below.
6. Use of SSL
For security purposes, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology when inputting personal information in order to prevent such information from being intercepted, interfered with, or altered.
SSL is a function that encrypts information to prevent eavesdropping and falsification of data.
7. For inquiries, please contact
Fukushima Medical University Center for Academic Information Services, 1,Hikarigaoka 1, Fukushima 960-1297 JAPAN
TEL（main number）024-547-1111 (extension 2865)
When the Fukushima Society of Medical Science changes its privacy policies related to personal information such changes will be announced on this page.